small-dresses

Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Things behind the things...


I find that when I am writing songs about what has happened or happening in my life that I tend to write about the end result. I forget to tell the story about how I ended up here or there. I know that it seems like the first thing that you would start writing about (if you were writing a song or story) is the journey to the end result.

::Most of the time I forget to do this::

So here I sit thinking about the journey of my life listening to "The Album Leaf."

Simple yet profound (at least to me)
Barrett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some of the BEST songs i've heard and even some of my personal favorites are the ones that don't address the solution ... they just admit the problem and the raw emotion is all over the place. sometimes we forget about the journey... can't wait to hear what you're writing!!!