small-dresses

Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

"The Elephant in the Bedroom"


So our pastor has been teaching a series called "the Naked Truth" and has been exposing myths about sex in marriage and the truth of God's word...I know pretty controversial for some, but something that is talked about everywhere, why not talk about the truth of it in church?
Ok, so this week was titled, "The Elephant in the Bedroom," and was about the dialogue that should be happening between husbands and wives concerning sex. One of the points was about "unmet expectations" and just thought I'd give the quote since it made me laugh out loud.
"Every time can't be like the 4th of July, most times it's more like Groundhog Day."
My question to pastor Toby: was this in reference to the hype behind the 4th and ending in fireworks as opposed to the majority of insignificance placed on Groundhog Day...or the brief nature of the rodent sticking its head out and then hiding away again for a year?? Just curious?

8 comments:

Barrett Snare said...

that is funny!!!

Barrett

Jamie Mullins said...

Hee hee...made me laugh!! I am going with the latter of the 2. I am so pleased that Toby was willing to shed some light on such an important topic too!! I'm kind of bummed that the series is over!

Momma Tilly said...

That is really funny. It made me laugh and I scared Bella!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's hilarious.

Andi Hawkins said...

I have so many jokes I want to make right now that Greg would KILL me for writing on the internet. Poor Mika...

Andi Hawkins said...

Hey why can't I get to Cindy Beall's blog all of the sudden??

Anonymous said...

you crack me up... but good question! :)

Unknown said...

...says the woman about to have baby number two

too funny!