small-dresses

Pages

Monday, March 10, 2008

"Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?" #1

Do you ever feel like screaming this out loud to your children? Now don't get me wrong I absolutely adore Whittaker, but lets face it, some times the boy don't listen. I guess that is the run of the mill 2 1/2 year olds parenting experience.

So I find myself talking louder and louder like I am speaking to my moms 3rd cousin at Christmas dinner and still no response. To make it even worse Whitty is looking right at me, and low and behold he decides it is best for him to go ahead and lick my eye glasses just one more time. Sound familiar to you...well I will tell you who it sounds like the most.....Barrett! (I had to tell on myself)

How is it that as a parent we tend to forget that we do the same things that we ask, tell, and eventually yell at our kids about. The only difference is that God somehow never seems to yell at me. He just sits back and adores me licking his glasses. Although I am pretty sure that I have never done that to Him when he was standing in line waiting to vote for O'Nunya Business.

So to say the least I find myself blowing up and doing things I said that I would never do like clapping or snapping or well......YELLING!

After you have found yourself in the position of "What am I doing?" you feel like crap but great things can come out of our impatience with our kids when you let the Lord in to guide you even after you have blown it. I am going to post a video of a song I wrote as soon as I can get it formatted. Let me know what you think.

No comments: