small-dresses

Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

How Blessed...

It has been a busy last few weeks, but only because we are so blessed!  
  • We celebrated our 3rd Cinco de Mayo with the Mullins Family chowing on some Tex-Mex and having some needed fellowship!
  • I've finally gotten a little proficient with the sewing machine, but unfortunately disabled Jessica Rolf's serger...great excuse to hang out with such an incredible woman!
  • We enjoyed some needed fellowship time with the Cross Timbers Keller staff and spouses (child free) at the Kuykendall's and had many, many laughs!
  • Barrett and I played the "Newlywed" game at a wedding shower for the Denton campus worship leader and his fiance.  It was fun to be embarrassed at some of the questions and answers, but so encouraging to see that missing a few didn't send us into a battle of the ages with anyone else or with ourselves!
  • Whittaker experienced his first and second trips to Chuck E Cheese on Saturday for two birthday parties...he was completely amazed and is eager to return to play and dance with the mechanical mouse.  Happy Birthday Michael and Bella!
  • I enjoyed a Mother's Day with my hubby and son, taking advantage of a pretty day to spend some time together out in the sun.  Although, I did cry my eyes out at church during the ENTIRE service...thanks once again Pastor Toby for a tearful Mother's Day with your beautiful message! check it out online at http://media.crosstimberschurch.org/video/flash/20080511.html
  • Monday was spent in getting some final preparations done for Harper's arrival in no more than a few weeks.  Good friends joined me to help with some laundry and reorganizing.  Thanks Megan, Cheryl and Michelle for your help and for Kayleigh, Allyson and Victoria for letting Whitty play his heart out with you!
  • This morning, I got to talk on the phone with my dad who I haven't talked to since a surprise phone call on Christmas Day.  He and Mamo arrived in Miami yesterday and are traveling on to Oklahoma today.  We are so excited to see them and celebrate Whittaker's third birthday this weekend with them!
  • I'm off to get ready for another trip to the doctor's office for yet another NST and a sonogram to see my baby Harper in my belly for one of the last few times before getting to meet him face to face.  The Lord has been so faithful in growing him and calming our fears.  Last Tuesday he was weighing in at 6lbs 11oz, which is what Whittaker weighed when he was born.  We just need to pray that Harper will turn back head down and believe that the Mighty God we serve will be faithful to provide!

4 comments:

Jamie Mullins said...

Love you friend!! God is good and I am so thankful that He is showing up in every part of your life. I can not wait to meet that little miracle either.

And, by the way, it was fun embarassing you guys. You were such great sports!!

M. Hurt said...

Wow, reading this makes me happy for you! I'm glad that even though things have been busy, that you, Barrett and Whitty have had some great times. Love ya, Mel!

Jessica Rolf said...

I hope we can get together again soon. I'm sure the serger will be fine! Harper is totally worth it!

Unknown said...

sounds like lots of joy! congratulations again and I'm looking forward to Harper's shower :)