small-dresses

Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Growing Out and Growing Up



(Above)Whittaker just after his first bath- 5 days old (Below)Last Sunday after getting his hair cut

Just 3 months before his 3rd birthday, my Whittaker is looking bigger than ever!

Two weeks ago, I went to pick him up from the nursery after Life Group and this kid came running toward me that I didn't even recognize and thought, "Who is that chunk?" (I know, I am so compassionate!) Only to discover that it was indeed Whitty running at me. We had dropped him off 2 hours earlier with a cheeseburger and french fries (we're obviously health nuts) and as he got into the car, he told Barrett and I, "Chee-burger awe-gone." Which were glad that he was telling us that he had indeed eaten his dinner. Some of the ladies in our Life Group had spoken earlier of seeing him chow down when they dropped their kids off, so the confirmation of this by our son and the communication of it was well received. However, Whitty kept telling us, "Chee-burer awe-gone!" Each time a little louder and a little fussier. Realizing what was going on now, I asked him, "Are you hungry?" He nodded his head and replied with yes, then told us he needed another "chee-burger."

Growing boys need food and we have discovered a pattern with Whitty as he has growth spurts that he grows wide and then grows tall within a few days. Five days after the "chee-burger" night, I was getting him dressed for church and putting on his Converse All-Stars that he had gotten for Christmas and had not worn yet. As he stood up and I was so excited to see how they looked with his jeans, only to be shocked that his jeans were now too short. I was sad, not because he had gotten taller, but because I love those jeans and thought that when I bought them in August that they would last all year. I hadn't even had to adjust the waste to a bigger width yet and he had already outgrown them. So, I'll be off to find another pair now in a 3T, with still 3 months to go before he actually turns 3.

1 comment:

Jessica Rolf said...

I thought I had clicked on someone else's blog accidentally. I didn't even recognize Whitty with his new do! Oh my goodness! He looks like a little man! What a cutie!